n.kra - Canteen Dummy Architect Dream [slapmp3_025]
The long-awaited return by laptop composer, n.kra. Wait, can I say that about myself? Awaited by me at least. Seven fragments of aural exposition that might describe distinct places, frames of mind from which we perceive music; fragmented blunted shined by memory. To induce a physically emotive response in the listener, most of the melodies are based on harmonics whose overtones create inner ear vibrations, the frequency of which are intended to affect emotional states. The louder you listen the more it'll hurt. I like to listen to this music while listening to other music I have. Quiet or loud, What Floats in and accents the faintly familiar.
Run time 27:00
1. to get this out of my system some (4:14)
2. Ah, that's better (Baby, I love you.) (3:58)
3. Just one thing over and over again? (4:42)
4. That's the idea, I guess. (4:32)
5. Sometimes you can't sing but one or 2 notes (2:51)
6. carmelo Anthony superStar (3:40)
7. May your Boat not Sink. (3:11)
August 9, 2004
For your listening pleasure
For anyone that enjoys the more abstract variety of electronic music, this release is for you: minimal drones, piercing (sometimes painful) frequencies and harmonics, loops, harsh radio frequencies, noise, and some darkish ambient. Sit back, relax, and let your mind do what it wants with the sounds.